GLS National Outcomes Evaluation Data Access and Use Agreement
I. Data Use and Non-Disclosure
ICF International (ICF), along with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) are pleased to offer reporting tables and upon-request data sets through the Garrett Lee Smith Suicide Prevention and Early Intervention (GLS) program Suicide Prevention Data Center (SPDC).
Data reporting tables are prepared to disseminate data collected from the National Outcomes Evaluation of the GLS program. These tables give an overview of GLS-related activities. Limited raw datasets are available by request. That allows researchers to manipulate the data in a way appropriate for their analysis.
These data represent the efforts of many diverse grantees and subgrantees over several years. Within one grant, activities might have approached suicide prevention from many different angles and demographic groups. Therefore, interpretations of the data-including across the various tables and measures-must be done with caution, recognizing that the data do not include the full context in which the sites conducted their programs.
The purpose of this section of the agreement is to specify the conditions related to accessing/using National Outcomes Evaluation report tables and data from the Garrett Lee Smith Suicide Prevention Program sponsored by CMHS.
By accessing the reporting tables or requesting a raw dataset the user is agreeing:
- I will use the data for statistical reporting and analysis only.
- I will not attempt to use nor permit others to use the National Outcomes Evaluation data sets to learn the identity of any person included in any set.
- I will not, nor will others, report aggregate information based on sample sizes fewer than 10.
- I will not contact nor permit others to contact establishments or persons in the data sets to question, verify, or discuss data in the National Outcomes Evaluation dataset.
- I will make no statement nor permit others to make statements indicating or suggesting that interpretations drawn analyses of these data are those of ICF International or SAMHSA.
- I will acknowledge in all reports based on these data that the source of the data is the GLS National Outcomes evaluation funded by the Center for Mental Health Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
- I will not use, release nor permit others to release any information that identifies persons, directly or indirectly.
- I must adhere to and be knowledgeable of relevant IRB regulations regarding the proposed use of the data. In compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations, distributed data will have all personal and identifying information removed from the dataset.